Castlemaine, Victoria, Australia 1894
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia 1954
- England and Europe 1929-30
- United States of America 1939-40
To the way that I came I betook me [Study for 'The Robe of Glory'
mural design for Fawkner Crematorium, Melbourne].
1937 or 1938
Ivanhoe, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Materials & Technique:
drawings, cardboard; gouache; graphite painting in brush and gouache over underdrawing in black pencil Support: thick smooth white cardboard
Manufacturer's Mark: no manufacturer's mark.
Primary Insc: not signed.
titled lower left to lower right within image in brush and gouache and black pencil, 'TO THE WAY THAT I CAME I BETOOK ME'.
Secondary Insc: no inscriptions.
Tertiary Insc: no inscriptions.
image 30.3 h x 45.7 w cm sheet 47.0 h x 59.4 w cm
: Purchased 1981 Accession No
: NGA 81.88
- With the artist at her death in 1954.
- Collection of Klytie Pate, niece of the artist.
- Purchased by the Australian National Gallery, from Deutscher Fine Art, Melbourne, February 1981.