Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia 1903
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia 1976
22 March, 1903
– 14 December, 1976
P & O Headquarters, Sydney, with Douglas Annand glass screen and ceramic mural
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Materials & Technique:
photographs, gelatin silver photograph Support: paper
Primary Insc: Inscribed verso l.c., ink "Please return to :- DOUGLAS ANNAND, 34 LADY GAME DRIVE, KILLARA, N.S.W. / P & O Building Sydney. (Fowell, Mansfield & Maclurcan, architects) 1963. / Glass screen. Acid etched, engraved and sandblasted, on both faces. (27 ft x 7 ft.) / Cerarmic mural. Deep blue blackground with sea motifs impressed in the clay, & with other blues & greens added. / (abt 25 ft. x 27 ft.) / Mermaids of different nationalities sculptured in zinc with slight gilding; / Celestial Globe with constellations of the zodiac. A small vermillion Earth is suspended in the centre. / Zinc, gilded on inner surfaces. N.B. Globe not in position when this was photographed."
printed image 23.8 h x 30.2 w cm sheet 23.8 h x 30.2 w cm
: Purchased 1989 Accession No
: NGA 89.11.363 Image rights
: © Max Dupain. Licensed by Viscopy
- Purchased by the National Gallery of Australia, from Tony Annand, the artist’s son, Sydney, 1989.