Neey-too-gulpa [Ngalia tribesman]
Hermannsburg, Northern Territory, Australia
Materials & Technique:
drawings, watercolours, graphite; paper; pastel; watercolour painting in watercolour over drawing in black pencil with highlights in pastel Support: paper
Primary Insc: Signed lower right in watercolour 'Albert Namatj'.
Not dated or titled.
Tertiary Insc: Christies label lower right of frame '26'.
image 37.0 h x 47.5 w cm sheet 39.0 h x 49.5 w cm
: Purchased 2005 Accession No
: NGA 2005.943
- Royal Art Society Gallery, Adelaide, 1939.
- Roy Edwards, Alice Springs.
- Darryl Sams, Brisbane.
- Private collection, Brisbane.
- Purchased by the National Gallery of Australia, from Christie's Fine Art Auctioneers, Melbourne, December, 2005;
- From the auction, 'Australian, International and contemporary paintings (sale 1064)', Melbourne: Christie's, 22 November 2005, lot 26.