Edinburgh, Scotland 1803
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia 1857
- Active Australia 1826 - 1834
Sydney Cove between Fort Philip and Dawes Battery.
Collection Title: Carmichael, John. 'Select views of Sydney, New South Wales. Drawn and engraved by John Carmichael'. Sydney: the artist, 1829.
Page: plate 1
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Materials & Technique:
books, prints, ink; paper engraving, printed in black ink, from one copper plate Support: white wove paper
Manufacturer's Mark: no maufacturer's mark.
Edition State: published state
Impression: undesignated impression as issued
Edition: print run unknown
Primary Insc: no inscrptions.
Secondary Insc: no inscrptions.
Tertiary Insc: no inscrptions.
printed image 16.8 h x 22.4 w cm sheet 21.0 h x 27.4 w cm
: Purchased 2006 Accession No
: NGA 2006.328.2 Subject
: Australia, Art period: Colonial, New South Wales
Australia, Book arts: Illustrated book
- Kenneth Webster Collection (stamp on back endpaper).
- Maggs Brothers, London.
- Sir Thomas Ramsay (blindstamp).
- Ramsay sale, Christie's Australia, March 1977, lot 1298.
- Private collection 1977-1996.
- Purchased by Rodney Davidson through New Century Antiquarian Books, Melbourne, 1996.
- Rodney Davidson Collection, 1996-2006.
- Purchased by the National Gallery of Australia, from The Davidson collection, second sale, Melbourne: Australian Book Auctions, 27 February 2006, lot 299.