Thakur Hamir Singh of Pachewar
Materials & Technique
paintings, miniatures, opaque watercolour, gold Support
image 16.8 h x 11.2 w cm support 22.0 h x 16.4 w cm
: The Gayer-Anderson Gift 1954 Accession No
: NGA 91.1333 Subject
: Portrait: male
- With Luzac & Co., London, England, 1947 or 1951 or before;
- who sold it to Colonel Thomas Gayer Gayer-Anderson, 1947 or 1951;
- held in the collection of Colonel Thomas Gayer Gayer-Anderson and Major Robert Grenville Gayer-Anderson, Pasha, both of The Little Hall, Lavenham, Suffolk, England, 1947 or 1951-1953;
- who gave it to the Commonwealth of Australia, 1953;
- held by National Library of Australia, Canberra, after transfer from London, 1954-1991;
- transferred to the collection of the National Gallery of Australia, Canberra 1991.
- The collecting history of this painting is partial. The earliest known transaction is its purchase by the donor in London in 1947 or 1951. The National Gallery of Australia welcomes further information regarding its history of ownership prior to 1947 or 1951.