Rajasthan, India, Jaipur
Amir Khan Pindari, Nawab of Tonk
Jaipur, Rajasthan, India
Materials & Technique
paintings, miniatures, opaque watercolour, gold Support
border 34.8 h x 23.9 w cm image 21.4 h x 14.9 w cm
: The Gayer-Anderson Gift 1954 Accession No
: NGA 91.1344 Subject
: Portrait: male
- Acquired in Hyderabad, Telangana, India, by Colonel Thomas Gayer Gayer-Anderson, 1927
- exported from India by Colonel Thomas Gayer Gayer-Anderson, 1930
- held in the collection of Colonel Thomas Gayer Gayer-Anderson and Major Robert Grenville Gayer-Anderson, Pasha, both of The Little Hall, Lavenham, Suffolk, England, 1927-1953
- who gave it to the Commonwealth of Australia, 1953
- held by National Library of Australia, Canberra, after transfer from London, 1954–1991
- transferred to the collection of the National Gallery of Australia, Canberra 1991.
- The collecting history of this painting is partial. The earliest known transaction is its acquisition by the donor in India in 1927. The National Gallery of Australia welcomes further information regarding its history of ownership prior to 1927.