Mughal flower study
north India, India
Materials & Technique
paintings, miniatures, opaque watercolour, charcoal Support
sheet 18.7 h x 11.4 w cm
: The Gayer-Anderson Gift 1954 Accession No
: NGA 91.1516
- With Maggs Bros, London, England, 1952 or before
- who sold it to Colonel Thomas Gayer Gayer-Anderson, 1952
- held in the collection of Colonel Thomas Gayer Gayer-Anderson and Major Robert Grenville Gayer-Anderson, Pasha, both of The Little Hall, Lavenham, Suffolk, England, 1952-1953
- who gave it to the Commonwealth of Australia, 1953
- held by National Library of Australia, Canberra, after transfer from London, 1954-1991
- transferred to the collection of the National Gallery of Australia, Canberra 1991.
- The collecting history of this painting is partial. The earliest known transaction is its purchase by the donor in London in 1952. The National Gallery of Australia welcomes further information regarding its history of ownership prior to 1952.