Uttar Pradesh, India, Lucknow
Ghazi-ud-Din Haidar Shah, last Nawab Wazir, then first King of Awadh (1814-1827)
Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India
Materials & Technique
paintings, miniatures, opaque watercolour, gold Support
image 12.6 h x 9.8 w cm border 16.7 h x 10.8 w cm
: The Gayer-Anderson Gift 1954 Accession No
: NGA 91.1410 Subject
: Portrait: male
- Acquired in London by Colonel Thomas Gayer Gayer-Anderson, 1952
- held in the collection of Colonel Thomas Gayer Gayer-Anderson and Major Robert Grenville Gayer-Anderson, Pasha, both of The Little Hall, Lavenham, Suffolk, England, 1952-1953
- who gave it to the Commonwealth of Australia, 1953
- held by National Library of Australia, Canberra, after transfer from London, 1954-1991
- transferred to the collection of the National Gallery of Australia, Canberra 1991.
- The collecting history of this painting is partial. The earliest known transaction is its purchase by the donor in London in 1952. The National Gallery of Australia welcomes further information regarding its history of ownership prior to 1952.