Creswick, Victoria, Australia 1874
Hornsby, New South Wales, Australia 1961
- Europe 1902-03
- Europe 1910
- England, Europe 1925-27
- North Africa, India, Europe 1928-30
- Europe 1933-34
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia 1900
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia 1983
Invitation | Lionel Lindsay. Melbourne: Decoration Galleries. 13 November 1922.
Collection Title: Album of original art works assembled by R H Croll
Page: page 14, top
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Materials & Technique:
albums, prints, ink; paper etching, printed in brown ink, from one plate Support: cream wove paper
Manufacturer's Mark: no manufacturer's mark.
Primary Insc: signed lower left below plate-mark in black pencil, 'Lionel Lindsay.'.
inscribed lower right below plate-mark in black pencil, 'I blush to / sign this print for you. It was / printed by Raymond Wallis.'.
Secondary Insc: no inscriptions.
Tertiary Insc: no inscriptions.
plate-mark 9.8 h x 6.0 w cm
: Gift of Roger Butler 1996 Accession No
: NGA 96.592.20 Subject
: Australia, Art style: Painter-etchers 1860s-1938
Art exhibition invitation Image rights
: © National Library of Australia
- The album was assembled by Robert Henderson Croll (1869-1947), writer, biorgrapher, art historian. (see ADB, vol.8, pp154-5).
- The Croll estate was sold by the book dealer Kenneth Hince (Melbourne) and Malvern Fine Art Gallery Melbourne.
- The album was acquired by Roger Butler from Malvern Fine Art Gallery prior to 1981.
- Gift to the National Gallery of Australia, from Roger Butler, Canberra, June 1996.