Ajmer, Rajasthan, India
The emperor Aurangzeb (1658-1707)
late 18th century
Materials & Technique
drawings, miniatures, charcoal, opaque watercolour Support
Primary Insc: Inscribed c.l., within image, black ink, in Devanagari script.
Tertiary Insc: Inscribed l.r., below image, blue ink 'G-A.D288'.
image 23.8 h x 15.3 w cm mount 32.5 h x 22.5 w cm
: The Gayer-Anderson Gift 1954 Accession No
: NGA 91.1538 Subject
- with Luzac & Co., London, England, 1952 or before
- who sold it to Colonel Thomas Gayer Gayer-Anderson, 1952
- held in the collection of Colonel Thomas Gayer Gayer-Anderson and Major Robert Grenville Gayer-Anderson, Pasha, both of The Little Hall, Lavenham, Suffolk, England, 1952-1953
- who gave it to the Commonwealth of Australia, 1953
- held by National Library of Australia, Canberra, after transfer from London, 1954–1991
- transferred to the collection of the National Gallery of Australia, Canberra 1991