Port Adelaide, South Australia, Australia 1875
Mosman, New South Wales, Australia 1963
- Germany and France 1904-07
- France, England and Ireland 1912-19
c.1934 Description: rug
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Materials & Technique:
textiles, rugs, rug: cotton and wool fibres hooked on to burlap backing hooked rug
Primary Insc: initials lower left
90.0 h x 142.0 w cm
: Purchased 2007 Accession No
: NGA 2007.324 Image rights
: © Margaret Rose Preston Estate. Licensed by Viscopy
- Gift to Myra Payne, domestic assistant to the Prestons, from the artist.
- Collection of Mick Jollie.
- Purchased by the National Gallery of Australia, from Sotheby's Australia, June 2007;
- From the auction, 'Important Australian art including the Qantas collection', Sydney: Sotheby's Australia, 7 May 2007, cat. no., 54.