Melbourne, Victoria, Australia 1916
Man wearing a bowler hat
London, Greater London, England
Materials & Technique:
drawings, ink; paper drawing in brush and colour inks and wash Support: white wove paper
Primary Insc: signed and dated lower right in image in black ink, ' Cliff Bayliss '45 '. not titled.
image 76.0 h x 50.5 w cm sheet 76.0 h x 50.5 w cm
: Purchased with the assistance of James Agapitos OAM and Ray Wilson OAM 2007 Accession No
: NGA 2007.925 Subject
: Collection: The James Agapitos and Ray Wilson collection of Australian surrealist art, acquired, 2007.
Australia, Art style: Surrealism
- With the artist until his death in 1989.
- By descent to Josephine Bayliss, the atist's widow.
- Bridget McDonnell Gallery, Melbourne
- Agapitos/Wilson Collection, Sydney
- Purchase by the National Gallery of Australia, of the Agapitos/Wilson Collection, from James Agapitos and Ray Wilson, Sydney, 2007