Melbourne, Victoria, Australia 1916
Nude with hair caught in a door [recto]
Adam's rib (the birth of Eve) [verso]
London, Greater London, England
Materials & Technique:
drawings, ink; paper drawing in pen and ink Support: cream wove paper
Primary Insc: No inscriptions
Tertiary Insc: verso lower right in image in black pencil, 'LB. 129'
image [recto] 31.2 h x 24.8 w cm image [verso] 31.2 h x 24.8 w cm sheet 31.2 h x 24.8 w cm
: Purchased with the assistance of James Agapitos OAM and Ray Wilson OAM 2007 Accession No
: NGA 2007.928AB Subject
: Collection: The James Agapitos and Ray Wilson collection of Australian surrealist art, acquired, 2007.
Australia, Art style: Surrealism
- With the artist until his death in 1989.
- By descent to Josephine Bayliss, the atist's widow.
- Bridget McDonnell Gallery, Melbourne
- Agapitos/Wilson Collection, Sydney
- Purchase by the National Gallery of Australia, of the Agapitos/Wilson Collection, from James Agapitos and Ray Wilson, Sydney, 2007