- England, Ireland, Europe 1935-39
The promised land
Sydney, Greater London
New South Wales, England
Materials & Technique:
drawings, graphite; paper drawing in black pencil Support: thin white laid paper
Edition Notes: unknown whether created in London or Sydney
Primary Insc: Signed and dated lower right below image in black pencil, ' Geoffrey/ Graham/ '39 '.
Titled lower centre below image in black pencil, 'The Promised Land'.
Secondary Insc: Inscribed lower right below image in black pencil, 'To Max Dupain'.
image 30.2 h x 43.6 w cm sheet (irregular) 31.6 h x 44.4 w cm
: Purchased with the assistance of James Agapitos OAM and Ray Wilson OAM 2007 Accession No
: NGA 2007.1059 Subject
: Collection: The James Agapitos and Ray Wilson collection of Australian surrealist art, acquired, 2007.
Australia, Art style: Surrealism
- Max Dupain estate, Sydney
- Josef Lebovic Gallery, Sydney
- Agapitos/Wilson Collection, Sydney
- Purchase by the National Gallery of Australia, of the Agapitos/Wilson Collection, from James Agapitos and Ray Wilson, Sydney, 2007