Hornsby, New South Wales, Australia 1915
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia 2008
- England, Europe 1947-49
- Europe, United States of America 1958-59
not titled [My dream].
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Materials & Technique:
drawings, drawing in pen and ink, brush and ink, gouache and metallic paint Support: thick cream cardboard
Primary Insc: signed lower left in gouache in image, 'Gleeson'.
inscribed in image in black ink, text of prose poem, 'My Dream'.
image 35.6 h x 25.7 w cm sheet 35.6 h x 25.7 w cm
: Purchased with the assistance of James Agapitos OAM and Ray Wilson OAM 2007 Accession No
: NGA 2007.1053 Subject
: Collection: The James Agapitos and Ray Wilson collection of Australian surrealist art, acquired, 2007.
Australia, Art style: Surrealism
- Collection of Robert Noel Bentley / Ben Ezra;.
- By descent, to a private collection, Canada.
- Purchased by the Agapitos/Wilson Collection, from Sotheby's Australia, 2000;
- From the auction, 'Fine Australian and International Paintings', Melbourne: Sotheby's Australia, 28 November 2000, lot 127 (illustrated).
- Purchased by the National Gallery of Australia, from James Agapitos and Ray Wilson, Sydney, August 2007, as part of the of the Agapitos/Wilson Collection of Australian Surrealist art.