Castlemaine, Victoria, Australia 1894
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia 1954
- England and Europe 1929-30
- United States of America 1939-40
Hilda Elliott [bookplate].
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Materials & Technique:
prints, ink; paper linocut, printed in black ink, from one block Support: medium-weight cream wove paper
Manufacturer's Mark: no manufacturer's mark.
Edition Notes: Hilda Elliott was the daughter of Theodore Fink, who commissioned the artist's husband, M. Napier Waller, to complete a mosaic for Newspaper House in Melbourne in the early 1930s. Christian Waller collaborated with him on the project.
Primary Insc: signed lower right below printed image in black pencil, 'Christian Waller'.
Secondary Insc: no inscriptions.
Tertiary Insc: no inscriptions.
printed image 14.9 h x 7.6 w cm sheet 17.3 h x 11.4 w cm
: Gift of Roger Butler 1993 Accession No
: NGA 93.605 Subject
: Australia, Printed ephemera: Bookplate (ex libris)
- With the artist at her death in 1954.
- Collection of Klytie Pate, niece of the artist.
- Gift to Roger Butler, from Klytie Pate, 1978..
- Gift to the National Gallery of Australia, from Roger Butler, Canberra, 1993.