Castlemaine, Victoria, Australia 1894
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia 1954
- England and Europe 1929-30
- United States of America 1939-40
[Greetings from] Roy Shepherd.
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Materials & Technique:
prints, ink; paper linocut, printed in black ink, from one block Support: medium-weight buff wove paper
Manufacturer's Mark: no manufacturer's mark.
Edition State: published state
Impression: undesignated impression
Edition: print-run unknown
Edition Notes: This work appears to have been trimmed from a greeting card commissioned by Roy Shepherd. An impression of the card is held at the Ballarat Art Gallery and includes a printed section above the image with the text ‘Greetings From’, and it has a similar format to the prints in Waller’s ‘The Great Breath: a book of seven designs’.
Roy Shepherd MBE (1907-1986) was renowned Australian musician.
Primary Insc: signed lower right below printed image in black pencil, 'Christian Waller'.
Secondary Insc: no inscriptions.
Tertiary Insc: no inscriptions.
printed image 15.3 h x 7.5 w cm sheet 15.7 h x 7.5 w cm
: Gift of Roger Butler 1993 Accession No
: NGA 93.608
- With the artist at her death in 1954.
- Collection of Klytie Pate, niece of the artist.
- Gift to Roger Butler, from Klytie Pate, 1978..
- Gift to the National Gallery of Australia, from Roger Butler, Canberra, 1993.