Castlemaine, Victoria, Australia 1894
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia 1954
- England and Europe 1929-30
- United States of America 1939-40
Ex Libris Napier Waller.
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Materials & Technique:
prints, ink; paper linocut, printed in black ink, from one block Support: medium-weight buff wove paper
Manufacturer's Mark: no manufacturer's mark.
Edition State: published state
Impression: undesignated impression
Edition: print-run unknown
Edition Notes: This impression was either printed or signed several years after the linoblock was incised as it is signed 'Christian Waller', but the monogram includes the initials 'CY', referring to the artist’s maiden name of Yandell. She worked under her maiden name prior to 1930.
Primary Insc: signed lower left within print, 'cY [in monogram]'.
signed lower right below printed image in black pencil, 'Christian Waller'.
Secondary Insc: no inscriptions.
Tertiary Insc: no inscriptions.
printed image 16.1 h x 9.4 w cm sheet 16.9 h x 10.0 w cm
: Gift of Roger Butler 1993 Accession No
: NGA 93.609 Subject
: Australia, Printed ephemera: Bookplate (ex libris)
- With the artist at her death in 1954.
- Collection of Klytie Pate, niece of the artist.
- Gift to Roger Butler, from Klytie Pate, 1978..
- Gift to the National Gallery of Australia, from Roger Butler, Canberra, 1993.