Sydney, New South Wales, Australia 1916
Yorkeys Knob, Queensland, Australia 1971
- England, China, India, c.1935-39
not titled [seated woman sketching with legs crossed, teapot in foreground]
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Materials & Technique:
drawings, graphite; paper drawing in black pencil Support: paper mounted on thin cardboard
Manufacturer's Mark: presence of manufacturer's mark undetermined due to secondary support.
Primary Insc: signed lower right in black pencil, 'Nan.'.
signed verso lower right in ballpoint pen, 'Nan Adams'.
Secondary Insc: no inscriptions.
image 33.2 h x 24.3 w cm sheet 34.3 h x 24.3 w cm backing 40.0 h x 29.0 w cm
: Purchased 1993 Accession No
: NGA 93.18 Image rights
: © the estate of Nan Hortin
- With the artist until her death in 1971.
- Offered for sale in, 'Artists for Whitlam' exhibition, Sydney, 1975.
- Collection of Roy R. Garner, Sydney, 1975-1993.
- Purchased by the National Gallery of Australia, from Roy R. Garner, Sydney, February 1993.