Levin, Aotearoa New Zealand 1905
London, England 1932
- Australia 1928-29, England from 1929
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Materials & Technique:
prints, ink; paper linocut, printed in black ink, from one block Support: thin off-white wove paper
Manufacturer's Mark: no manufacturer's mark.
Edition State: published state
Edition: edition of 12
Primary Insc: signed lower right within image in black pencil, 'F. Weitzel'.
Titled lower right below image in black pencil, 'Hotel Cecil'.
inscribed with edition details lower right within image in black pencil, '1/12'.
inscribed lower right within image in black pencil, '£1.11.6 / Edition 12.'
Secondary Insc: no inscriptions.
Tertiary Insc: no inscriptions.
printed image 44.0 h x 26.0 w cm sheet 51.8 h x 31.2 w cm
: PIAP | 1930.0009 | impression
: Purchased 1993 Accession No
: NGA 93.581
- With Deutscher Fine Art, Melbourne.
- With Ward Gallery, Sydney.
- Exhibited in, 'Colour linocuts from the Grosvenor School', Sydney: The Ward Gallery, 26 March - 19 April 1980, cat. no., 52.
- With Niagara Lane Galleries by 1981.
- Exhibited in, 'Australian relief prints, etchings and lithographs - 1986 to the mid 1950s'. Melbourne: Niagara Galleries, June - Jully 1981, cat. No., 34.
- Collection of Stephen Scheding, Sydney.
- Purchased by the Australian National Gallery, from Stephen Scheding, Sydney, June 1993;
- Part of a group of seven prints by Weitzel acquired from Scheding..