Roy DE MAISTRE
Bowral, New South Wales, Australia 1894
London, England 1968
- England, France 1923-26
- England, France from 1929
The archer and the thinker
Materials & Technique:
drawings, drawing in charcoal, pen and black ink and watercolour Support: thin smooth off-white laid paper
Manufacturer's Mark: watermark verso centre, 'W H S & Co / [indecipherable 00]' image of man leaning on pillar within circle.
Primary Insc: no inscriptions.
image 33.6 h x 41.9 w cm sheet 34.4 h x 42.2 w cm
: Gift of the Hon. Ian Callinan AC, 2009 Accession No
: NGA 2009.1088 Image rights
: © Caroline de Mestre Walker
- Michael Renshaw, Esq.
- Sotheby's London, 14 July 1965, lot 147.
- with Arthur Jeffress, London.
- The Sunday Sale, Christie's South Kensington: Sonntag, 30.November 2008, lot 185.
- Gift to the National Gallery of Australia, from Ian Callinan, December 2009.