Richmond, England 1794
Hobart, Tasmania, Australia 1847
Sketch of Henrietta Maria Garrett
Hobart, Tasmania, Australia
Materials & Technique:
drawings, graphite; paper drawing in black pencil Support: thin wove [note?] paper
Primary Insc: No inscriptions
Tertiary Insc: Inscribed verso in black pencil, '106663/4'
image 19.0 h x 14.6 w cm sheet 21.4 h x 18.5 w cm
: Purchased 2009 Accession No
: NGA 2009.108
- Dr. Robert Kennedy Nuttall, assistant surgeon Colonial Hospital, Hobart Town [Morris 2005].
- Professor G.H. F. Nuttall, by descent from his father [Morris 2005].
- Robert Crossland by 1954, illustrated in his Wainewright in Tasmania, pl.xxiv, as 'Sketch for the portrait of a young girl (in the author's Possession)'.
- Lawsons auction, Sydney 23 April 2001, lot, no.95 as 'Portrait of a Young Girl with an additional Sketch, verso'. Sold for $10,000 [hammer price].
- Private collection, Tasmania [Morris2005].
- Private collection, Victoria [Morris 2005].
- Purchased by the National Gallery of Australia, from a private collection, 2009.