Castlemaine, Victoria, Australia 1894
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia 1954
- England and Europe 1929-30
- United States of America 1939-40
The gateway to nowhere.
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Materials & Technique:
drawings, drawing in pen and black ink with touches of watercolour and gouache Support: thick smooth grey wove paper
Manufacturer's Mark: no manufacturer's mark
Primary Insc: no inscriptions.
image 37.8 h x 27.6 w cm sheet 37.8 h x 27.6 w cm
: Gift of Roger Butler, 2010 Accession No
: NGA 2010.190
- With the artist at her death in 1954.
- Collection of Klytie Pate, niece of the artist.
- Gift to Roger Butler, from Klytie Pate, 1978..
- Gift to the National Gallery of Australia, from Roger Butler, Canberra, 2010.