Staffordshire, England 1775
Birmingham, England 1828
Scene up the River Huon. Van Diemen's Land.
between 1822 and 1824
Materials & Technique:
drawings, watercolours, painting in watercolour and body colour over black pencil Support: paper
Edition Notes: The finished watercolour, produced as a guide to the engraver. see National Gallery of Australia, 84.125.38
sheet (sight) 27.0 h x 17.0 w cm
: Purchased 2010 Accession No
: NGA 2010.324 Subject
: Australia, Art period: Colonial, Tasmania
- Sotheby & Co., London, 9 July 1962, lot 237.
- Collection of A.J.M. Carter, Adelaide.
- The Leasefin Sale of Australian Pictures, Melbourne: Christies, 28 July 1991, lot 6, as 'Scene on the River Huon, Van Diemen's Land, (illustrated), sold for $26,400.
- Private collection, Tasmania.
- Purchased by the National Gallery of Australia, from a private collector, Tasmania, June 2010.