Liverpool, England 1802
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia 1874
Jesus assisted by Simon of Cyrene
Materials & Technique:
prints, ink; paper engraving, printed in black ink, from one copper plate Support: thin off-white wove paper; subsequently laid down on brown wove paper
Manufacturer's Mark: no manufacturer's mark
Edition State: published state
Impression: undesignated impression as issued
Edition: print run unknown
Primary Insc: No inscriptions
printed image 9.2 h x 6.3 w cm sheet 11.5 h x 7.7 w cm sheet (folded) 13.2 h x 8.6 w cm
: Purchased 2011 Accession No
: NGA 2011.160
- Collection of Geoffret Ingleton (1908 - 1998), acquired from an unidentified vendor.
- With Lawsons Auctioneers, Sydney, 1999;
- Offered in, 'The Ingleton collection: Part 1 books, manuscripts, documents & collectibles', Sydney: Lawsons, 22 March 1999, lot 366, as 'Copperplates - Engraved (4) [etc].
- With Australian Book Auctions, Melbourne?
- Purchased by the National Gallery of Australia from Peter Walker Fine Art, Adelaide, April 2011.