Port Adelaide, South Australia, Australia 1875
Mosman, New South Wales, Australia 1963
- Germany and France 1904-07
- France, England and Ireland 1912-19
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Creation Notes: 28 July 1946
Materials & Technique:
prints, screenprint, printed in black ink, from one stencil Support: smooth buff wove paper
Manufacturer's Mark: no manufacturer's mark.
Edition State: published state
Impression: undesignated impression
Edition: edition unknown
Primary Insc: signed and dated lower right below image in black pencil, 'Margaret Preston / 28th/7/46'.
titled lower left below image in black pencil, 'Native Ballet'.
Secondary Insc: no inscriptions.
Tertiary Insc: no inscriptions.
sheet (sight) 28.5 h x 37.9 w cm
: Purchased 2016 Accession No
: NGA 2016.347
- Mr Allen D. Christensen, California
- Private Collection, United States of America, by descent from the above
- Australian Art, Christie's, London, 26 September 2013, lot 61, illustrated, sold $17,074
- Savill Galleries, Sydney (stock 610199) (label verso), acquired from the above
- Purchased at auction from Sotheby's Australia, The Denis Savill Collection, 2016.