Castlemaine, Victoria, Australia 1894
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia 1954
- England and Europe 1929-30
- United States of America 1939-40
Morgan Le Fay.
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Materials & Technique:
prints, ink; paper linocut, printed in colour inks, from multiple blocks; hand-coloured with gold paint Support: thick brown wove paper
Manufacturer's Mark: no manufacturer's mark.
Edition State: published state
Edition: edition of 25; plus some proofs with additional gold paint
Edition Notes: An earlier watercolour with a similar composition, 'Morgan le Fay and King Uriens' (1921) is in the collection of the Ballarat Art Gallery.
Primary Insc: no inscriptions.
Secondary Insc: no inscriptions.
Tertiary Insc: no inscriptions.
printed image 26.9 h x 18.3 w cm sheet 38.8 h x 26.0 w cm
: Purchased 1981 Accession No
: NGA 81.2879
- With the artist at her death in 1954.
- Collection of Klytie Pate, niece of the artist.
- Purchased by the Australian National Gallery, from Deutscher Fine Art, Melbourne, November 1981.