Castlemaine, Victoria, Australia 1894
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia 1954
- England and Europe 1929-30
- United States of America 1939-40
The Woman of Faery.
Ivanhoe, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Materials & Technique:
prints, ink; paper linocut, printed in black ink, from one block Support: medium-weight cream wove paper, subsequently laid down in record book
Manufacturer's Mark: no manufacturer's mark.
Edition State: published state
Edition: no edition printed; proof impressions only
Edition Notes: A pen and ink variation of this print, also titled 'The Woman of Faery' was published in the journal 'Manuscripts', no. 3 (December 1931), edited by Harry Tatlock Miller.
Waller drafted a story called ‘The Woman of Faery’ in the early 1930s. The original manuscript is located in a book held in a private collection in Victoria.
Primary Insc: no inscriptions.
Secondary Insc: no inscriptions.
Tertiary Insc: no inscriptions.
printed image 15.5 h x 12.6 w cm sheet 15.5 h x 12.6 w cm
: Purchased 1981 Accession No
: NGA 81.2883
- With the artist at her death in 1954.
- Collection of Klytie Pate, niece of the artist.
- Purchased by the Australian National Gallery, from Deutscher Fine Art, Melbourne, November 1981.