Brighton, Victoria, Australia 1881
Emerald, Victoria, Australia 1967
- England, Europe frequently after 1906
Great Britain 1956
- England from 1875, with regular visits to Europe
Charing Cross Bridge.
1907 Title Notes: date from SLNSW impression
London, Greater London, England
Materials & Technique:
prints, ink; paper drypoint, etching and foul biting, printed in black ink with plate-tone, from one plate Support: white laid O.W.P. & A.C.L. paper
Manufacturer's Mark: watermark lower edge, 'O.W.P.&. A.C.L.'
Edition State: published state
Impression: undesignated impression
Edition: edition unknown
Primary Insc: not signed.
inscribed lower left at base of plate in black pencil, 'Printed by Brangwyn - J Traill's plate.'
Secondary Insc: inscribed lower left base of sheet in black pencil, 'FB' [Frank Brangwyn].
Tertiary Insc: inscribed verso lower centre in black pencil, '$40'.
inscribed verso lower right center in black pencil, '131'.
plate-mark 27.6 h x 19.1 w cm sheet 42.4 h x 34.3 w cm
: Purchased 1977 Accession No
: NGA 77.216 Subject
: Australia, Art style: Painter-etchers 1860s-1938
- With the artist until her death in 1967.
- Estate of the artist
- Purchased by the Australian National Gallery, from Important Women Artists, Melbourne, May 1977;
- From the exhibition, 'Jessie Trail (1881 - 1967), Important Women Artists, Melbourne 11 June - 31 July 1977, not listed.