Houghton-on-the-Hill, Leicester, England 1767
Deddington, Tasmania, Australia 1849
- Australia from 1831
c.1832 - c.1849 Deddington, near Ben Lomond, Van Diemen's Land (Tasmania)
1831 - 1832 Hobart, Van Diemen's Land , Hobart, Van Diemen's Land (Tasmania)
1805 - 1830 London, England, UK
1794 - 1805 Lichfield, Staffordshire, England, UK
Sketchbook no. 79
mainly of landscapes and scenes in England and Wales
1802-c1808 Description:  leaves with  compositions on  leaves (cardboard and leather cover)
Collection Title: Sketchbook no.79; mainly of landscapes and scenes in England and Wales, 1802 - about 1805.
Page: collection record
Materials & Technique:
drawings, sketchbooks, graphite; ink; paper; watercolour drawings in pen and brush and ink, black pencil and watercolour Support: paper
Primary Insc: K3/8120
cover 23.6 h x 19.6 w cm sheet 23.2 h x 18.4 w cm
: Purchased 1984 Accession No
: NGA 84.7.1-169
- With the artist until his death in 1849.
- By descent to John Glover junior, the artist?s son.
- Purchased by Dr Henry Hadley of the 99th Regiment, the sketchbook selected on his behalf by James Crear, from John Glover junior, Patterdale, Van Diemen?s Land, 20 July 1850 [receipt and letter pasted onto front endpaper].
- By descent to Emma Hadley [inscription on label on front cover]
- With Thomas Agnew & Sons, Ltd., London, by January 1993.
- Purchased by the Australian National Gallery, from Thomas Agnew & Sons, Ltd., London, February 1984.