Sunbury, Victoria, Australia 1869
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia 1936
Collection Title: Five etchings by John Shirlow. Melbourne: the artist, 1904
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Materials & Technique:
prints, ink; paper etching, printed in brown ink with plate-tone, from one copper plate Support: cream laid paper
Manufacturer's Mark: no manufacturer's mark.
Edition State: published state
Impression: undesignated impression
Primary Insc: signed lower right below plate-mark in black pencil, 'John Shirlow'.
Secondary Insc: no inscriptions.
Tertiary Insc: no inscriptions.
plate-mark 10.4 h x 14.2 w cm sheet 16.4 h x 20.0 w cm
: Purchased 1984 Accession No
: NGA 84.42.2 Subject
: Australia, Art style: Painter-etchers 1860s-1938
- Gift to R H Croll, from the artist.
- Malvern Fine Art, Melbourne (Croll Estate).
- Collection of Conal Coad, Sydney.
- Private collection, Melbourne.
- Purchased by the Australian National gallery, from a private collection, Melbourne, February 1984