Liverpool, England 1859
London, England 1935
- Europe before coming to Australia
- Australia from 1892 with visits to England 1905, 1934-35
Design for War Memorial, St Kilda Road: entrance to Alexandra Avenue
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Materials & Technique:
drawings, graphite; paper drawing in black pencil Support: paper
Primary Insc: signed and titled upper left in black pencil| 'Design for War Memorial, St Kilda Rd. / Entrance to Alexandra Avenue. / L.B.H.'
Tertiary Insc: Inscribed lower edge below image from left to right, in black pencil, 'Seat', 'Bronze / Group', 'Seat' and 'Drinking / Fountain'.
image 17.6 h x 33.6 w cm sheet 20.9 h x 33.6 w cm
: Gift of Mrs A.G. Beardsley, the artist's daughter, 1979. Accession No
: NGA 79.778 Subject
: War: first world war, 1914-1918
- With the artist until his death in 1935.
- By descent to Mrs A. G. Beardsley, the artist's daughter.
- Gift to the Australian National Gallery, from Mrs A. G. Beardsley, Melbourne, March 1979.