Liverpool, England 1859
London, England 1935
- Europe before coming to Australia
- Australia from 1892 with visits to England 1905, 1934-35
M helping H over the Alps [recto]
Materials & Technique:
drawings, graphite; paper drawing in black pencil Support: paper
Primary Insc: not signed or dated.
Titled lower left in black pencil, 'M. helping H. over the Alps'.
Tertiary Insc: Inscribed upper centre below image of an upturned truck, in black pencil, 'Ye Truck'.
image 29.0 h x 23.4 w cm sheet 29.0 h x 23.4 w cm
: Gift of Mrs A. G. Beardsley, the artist's daughter, 1979. Accession No
: NGA 79.781A
- With the artist until his death in 1935.
- By descent to Mrs A. G. Beardsley, the artist's daughter.
- Gift to the Australian National Gallery, from Mrs A. G. Beardsley, Melbourne, March 1979.