Castlemaine, Victoria, Australia 1894
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia 1954
- England and Europe 1929-30
- United States of America 1939-40
not titled (Sketch of poplar tree) [verso]
Materials & Technique:
drawings, graphite; paper drawing in black pencil Support: paper
Primary Insc: No inscriptions
Tertiary Insc: Inscribed lower left in black pencil, '13' (in circle).
Inscribed upside down lower centre in black pencil, 'Medre-/
sheet 18.2 h x 15.2 w cm
: Purchased 1979 Accession No
: NGA 79.1557B
- With the artist at her death in 1956.
- Collection of Klytie Pate, neice of the artist.
- Purchased by the Australian National Gallery, from Deutscher Fine Art, Melbourne, August 1979;
- From the exhibition, 'Christian waller 1895/1956', Melbourne: Deutsher Galleries, 8 September - 30 September 1978, cat. no., 10, [verso].