Castlemaine, Victoria, Australia 1894
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia 1954
- England and Europe 1929-30
- United States of America 1939-40
Christ in glory [Design for stained glass window, Canterbury Methodist Church]
between 1930 and 1936
Ivanhoe, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Materials & Technique:
drawings, watercolours, drawing in pen and brush and ink and gouache Support: paper mounted on cardboard
Primary Insc: not signed.
inscribed lower right in pen and black ink, 'Christ in glory / Design for Canterbury / Methodist Church'.
Secondary Insc: Inscribed lower right in pen and black ink, 'West window / Scale 1' = 1 ft.'
Tertiary Insc: Inscribed verso centre in blue crayon, 'Christ in Glory'.
Inscribed verso lower left in black pencil, '19'.
sheet and image 17.6 diameter backing 31.2 h x 21.8 w cm sight 30.4 h x 21.1 w cm
: Purchased 1979 Accession No
: NGA 79.1558
- With the artist at her death in 1956.
- Collection of Klytie Pate, neice of the artist.
- Purchased by the Australian National Gallery, from Deutscher Fine Art, Melbourne, August 1979;
- From the exhibition, 'Christian waller 1895/1956', Melbourne: Deutsher Galleries, 8 September - 30 September 1978, cat. no., 39.