Castlemaine, Victoria, Australia 1894
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia 1954
- England and Europe 1929-30
- United States of America 1939-40
The nativity of Jesus [Design for No. 4 window, St Barnabas' Church, West Wyalong]
Ivanhoe, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Materials & Technique:
drawings, drawing in black pencil, pen and ink, gouache and watercolour Support: paper
Primary Insc: Signed lower right in black pencil, 'Christian Waller'.
Inscribed lower right in black pencil, 'Design for No. 4 window / St Barnabas Church / West Wyalong'.
Inscribed as part of image, 'The / nativity of Jesus'.
Inscribed right centre in black pencil, 'Try Jacob's hand/near centre / and take cloak over' and, 'Make babe smaller'.
image 18.0 h x 7.8 w cm sheet 40.6 h x 19.8 w cm sight 37.0 h x 19.3 w cm
: Purchased 1979 Accession No
: NGA 79.1559
- With the artist at her death in 1954.
- Collection of Klytie Pate, niece of the artist.
- Purchased by the Australian National Gallery, from Deutscher Fine Art, Melbourne, August 1979;
- From the exhibition, 'Christian waller 1895/1956', Melbourne: Deutsher Galleries, 8 September - 30 September 1978, cat. no., 24.