Castlemaine, Victoria, Australia 1894
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia 1954
- England and Europe 1929-30
- United States of America 1939-40
The presentation in the temple [Design for no. 5 window, St Barnabas Church, West Wyalong]
Ivanhoe, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Materials & Technique:
drawings, drawing in watercolour and gouache Support: paper mounted on cardboard
Primary Insc: signed lower right in black pencil, 'Christian Waller'.
inscribed lower right in black pencil, 'Design for No. 5 window / St Barnabas' Church / West Wyalong'.
inscribed upper edge as part of image 'The presentation/in/the temple'.
image 23.0 h x 7.8 w cm sheet 35.0 h x 20.2 w cm sight 33.1 h x 19.2 w cm
: Purchased 1979 Accession No
: NGA 79.1560
- With the artist at her death in 1954.
- Collection of Klytie Pate, niece of the artist.
- Purchased by the Australian National Gallery, from Deutscher Fine Art, Melbourne, August 1979;
- From the exhibition, 'Christian waller 1895/1956', Melbourne: Deutsher Galleries, 8 September - 30 September 1978, cat. no., 21.