Castlemaine, Victoria, Australia 1894
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia 1954
- England and Europe 1929-30
- United States of America 1939-40
The light shineth in darkness [Design for stained glass window]
Ivanhoe, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Materials & Technique:
drawings, paintings, paint; paper; varnish drawing in oil paint brushed and incised Support: paper mounted on cardboard
Primary Insc: not signed, not dated.
inscribed upper edge as part of image 'The / light shineth / in darkness / John C3 V19'.
Tertiary Insc: Inscribed verso lower left in black pencil, '1' (in circle).
(Also see Notes.)
image 21.2 h x 9.0 w cm sheet 31.4 h x 22.0 w cm
: Purchased 1979 Accession No
: NGA 79.1562
- With the artist at her death in 1956.
- Collection of Klytie Pate, neice of the artist.
- Purchased by the Australian National Gallery, from Deutscher Fine Art, Melbourne, August 1979;
- From the exhibition, 'Christian waller 1895/1956', Melbourne: Deutsher Galleries, 8 September - 30 September 1978, cat. no., 19.