Castlemaine, Victoria, Australia 1894
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia 1954
- England and Europe 1929-30
- United States of America 1939-40
St Agnes [Design for stained glass window, St. James Church, Ivanhoe]
Ivanhoe, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Materials & Technique:
drawings, watercolours, gouache; graphite; ink; paper; varnish drawing in pencil, gouache, varnish, ink, pen and brush and incised Support: cardboard
Primary Insc: signed lower right in black pencil, 'Christian Waller'.
inscribed lower right in black pencil, 'Design for window/St James Church/Ivanhoe'.
inscribed as part of image 'St Agnes/A lamb of God/In loving memory'.
image 25.0 h x 7.7 w cm sheet 39.2 h x 19.9 w cm sight 37.1 h x 18.1 w cm
: Purchased 1979 Accession No
: NGA 79.1563
- With the artist at her death in 1956.
- Collection of Klytie Pate, neice of the artist.
- Purchased by the Australian National Gallery, from Deutscher Fine Art, Melbourne, August 1979;
- From the exhibition, 'Christian waller 1895/1956', Melbourne: Deutsher Galleries, 8 September - 30 September 1978, cat. no., 33.