Castlemaine, Victoria, Australia 1894
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia 1954
- England and Europe 1929-30
- United States of America 1939-40
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Materials & Technique:
drawings, drawing in pen and black ink Support: smooth off-white wove paper subsequently laid down on backing sheet of thick smooth cream cardboard
Manufacturer's Mark: no manufacturer's mark.
Primary Insc: signed lower centre within image in pen and black ink, 'Christian. Yandell'.
titled verso centre in pen and black ink, ' "The Conspirators" / [illegible] [erased]'.
Secondary Insc: no inscriptions.
Tertiary Insc: inscribed on backing sheet verso upper left in black pencil, 'IL'.
inscribed on backing sheet verso upper left in black pencil, '[illegible] / 3/8 [illegible] / GB [underlined]'.
image 12.9 h x 25.9 w cm sheet 12.9 h x 25.9 w cm backing sheet 30.2 h x 40.7 w cm
: Purchased 1979 Accession No
: NGA 79.1570
- With the artist at her death in 1954.
- Collection of Klytie Pate, niece of the artist.
- Purchased by the Australian National Gallery, from Deutscher Fine Art, Melbourne, August 1979;
- From the exhibition, 'Christian waller 1895/1956', Melbourne: Deutsher Galleries, 8 September - 30 September 1978, cat. no., 12.