Castlemaine, Victoria, Australia 1894
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia 1954
- England and Europe 1929-30
- United States of America 1939-40
Preliminary design for "The Lords of Venus" [recto]
1931 or 1932
Ivanhoe, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Materials & Technique:
drawings, graphite; paper drawing in black pencil Support: paper
Primary Insc: No inscriptions
Secondary Insc: (See 79.1572B)
image 27.6 h x 13.1 w cm sheet 35.5 h x 21.4 w cm sight 32.9 h x 14.4 w cm
: Purchased 1979 Accession No
: NGA 79.1572A
- With the artist at her death in 1954.
- Collection of Klytie Pate, niece of the artist.
- Purchased by the Australian National Gallery, from Deutscher Fine Art, Melbourne, August 1979;
- From the exhibition, 'Christian waller 1895/1956', Melbourne: Deutsher Galleries, 8 September - 30 September 1978, cat. no., 185, (illustrated).