Castlemaine, Victoria, Australia 1894
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia 1954
- England and Europe 1929-30
- United States of America 1939-40
not titled (Male portrait - Joseph Nelson)
Materials & Technique:
drawings, graphite; paper drawing in black pencil Support: paper
Primary Insc: Inscribed lower right upside down in black pencil, 'Scarab'.
Tertiary Insc: Inscribed verso lower left in black pencil, '56'.
sheet 25.3 h x 18.6 w cm image 18.0 h x 15.4 w cm
: Purchased 1979 Accession No
: NGA 79.1576
- With the artist at her death in 1954.
- Collection of Klytie Pate, niece of the artist.
- Purchased by the Australian National Gallery, from Deutscher Fine Art, Melbourne, August 1979;
- From the exhibition, 'Christian waller 1895/1956', Melbourne: Deutsher Galleries, 8 September - 30 September 1978, cat. no., 105.