Castlemaine, Victoria, Australia 1894
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia 1954
- England and Europe 1929-30
- United States of America 1939-40
The nativity and the ascension [Designs for stained glass windows, St. Paul's Church, Linton]
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Materials & Technique:
drawings, watercolours, drawing in pen and ink, brush and ink and gouache Support: paper
Primary Insc: signed lower right in black pencil, 'Christian Waller'.
inscribed lower right in black pencil, 'Design for St Pauls/ Linton'.
inscribed lower edge of image 1, 'The nativity'.
inscribed lower edge of image 2, 'The ascension'.
sheet 48.0 h x 23.2 w cm image 1 32.9 h x 5.8 w cm image 2 32.9 h x 6.1 w cm image 3 8.0 h x 5.7 w cm sight 47.2 h x 22.8 w cm
: Gift of Chris Deutsher 1979 Accession No
: NGA 79.2155
- With the artist at her death in 1954.
- Collection of Klytie Pate, niece of the artist.
- Purchased by the Australian National Gallery, from Deutscher Fine Art, Melbourne, August 1979;
- From the exhibition, 'Christian waller 1895/1956', Melbourne: Deutsher Galleries, 8 September - 30 September 1978, cat. no., 44,