St Kilda, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia 1864
- England and France 1884-1933
Aeneas and the Sibyl at Cumae
Paris, Île-de-France, Ville de Paris department, France
Materials & Technique:
drawings, watercolours, painting in watercolour Support: paper
Primary Insc: Signed and dated lower left in watercolour, 'R. Bunny / Paris / 1887'.
Tertiary Insc: Label verso upper centre, 'Royal Institute of Painters of Watercolours / Back label / Title of Picture: Aeneas and the Sybil at Cumae / Artist's Name: R C W Bunny / and Address: 30 Great Russell Street, W...(illeg)/ Price: £10 s10'.
Label verso lower centre, 'R J Stannard / Picture Frame Manufacturer / Carver, Gilder & Mount Cutter / 30, Great Russell Street / Bloomsbury, W.C.'
Inscribed verso upper centre in red fibre-tipped pen, '204' [in circle].
sight 23.8 h x 13.1 w cm
: Purchased 1987 Accession No
: NGA 87.356
- Exhibited at the Royal Institute of Painters in Watercolours, London, 1887.
- Bought by one of the husbands (probably the second, Herbert Jones) of the artist's sister Annette.
- Thence to her daughter Dulcie Jones (Mrs D.A. Luard).
- Thence to her niece Mrs Hazel Barkley.
- Purchased by Mrs Hazel Barkley, through Deutscher Fine Art, Melbourne, 1987.