Brighton, Victoria, Australia 1881
Emerald, Victoria, Australia 1967
- England, Europe frequently after 1906
Testing the new turbine, Red Cliffs pumps, August 1922.
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Materials & Technique:
prints, ink; paper etching and aquatint, printed in brown ink with plate-tone and wiped highlights, from one plate Support: cream wove paper
Manufacturer's Mark: no manufacturer's mark.
Edition State: published state
Edition: edition of 20
Primary Insc: signed and dated lower right below plate-mark in black pencil, 'Jessie C.A. Traill 1923'
titled lower left below plate-mark in black pencil, 'Testing the new Turbine, Red Cliffs Pumps, August 1922'.
inscribed lower left below plate-mark in black pencil, '3/20'.
Secondary Insc: no inscriptions.
Tertiary Insc: no inscriptions.
plate-mark 42.7 h x 38.4 w cm sheet 53.8 h x 43.2 w cm
: Purchased 1980 Accession No
: NGA 80.896 Subject
: Australia, Art style: Painter-etchers 1860s-1938
War: first world war, 1914-1918
- With the artist until her death in 1967.
- Estate of the artist
- Purchased by the Australian National Gallery, from 'Jessie Traill', Melbourne: Important Women Artists, May 1977;
- From the exhibition, 'Jessie Trail (1881 - 1967), Melbourne: Important Wowen Artists, 11 June - 31 July 1977, cat. no., 62.
- Purchased by the Australian National Gallery, from Deutscher Fine Art, Melbourne, May 1980.