Brighton, Victoria, Australia 1881
Emerald, Victoria, Australia 1967
- England, Europe frequently after 1906
Le metro [the metro]
Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, England
Materials & Technique:
prints, ink; paper aquatint and etching, printed in warm black ink, from one plate Support: medium weight cream wove paper
Manufacturer's Mark: no manufacturer's mark.
Edition State: published state
Impression: undesignated impression
Edition: edition unknown
Edition Notes: The lower left corner has been printed in with warmer plate tone.
Primary Insc: no inscriptions.
Secondary Insc: no inscriptions.
Tertiary Insc: no isncriptions.
plate-mark 16.0 h x 23.7 w cm sheet 22.2 h x 30.8 w cm
: Purchased 1980 Accession No
: NGA 80.1475 Subject
: Australia, Art style: Painter-etchers 1860s-1938
- With the artist until her death in 1967.
- Estate of the artist
- Purchased by the Australian National Gallery, from 'Jessie Traill', Melbourne: Important Women Artists, May 1977;
- From the exhibition, 'Jessie Trail (1881 - 1967), Melbourne: Important Wowen Artists, 11 June - 31 July 1977, cat, no., 47.
- Private collection.
- Purchased by the Australian National Gallery, from Leonard Joel Pty. Ltd., June 1980;
- From the auction, 'Australian Graphics', Melbourne: Leonard Joel, 16 March 1980, lot 222.