Port Adelaide, South Australia, Australia 1875
Mosman, New South Wales, Australia 1963
- Germany and France 1904-07
- France, England and Ireland 1912-19
Sketchbook on colour theory
(1920-24) Description:  leaves with  compositions on  leaves and inside front and back covers (cardboard and fabric cover)
Collection Title: Sketchbook on colour theory
Materials & Technique:
drawings, sketchbooks, drawings in oil paint, pencil, pen and ink and colour pencils Support: paper, cardboard
Manufacturer's Mark: no manufacturer's mark.
Primary Insc: signed inside front cover upper right in black pencil, 'M Preston'.
Bookplate on front cover, 'Ex libris W & M Preston'.
sheet 19.8 h x 16.0 w cm book (closed) 19.8 h x 16.2 w cm book (open) 19.8 h x 32.2 w cm
: Gift of Mrs L. Hawkins 1987 Accession No
: NGA 87.2086.1-68 Image rights
: © Margaret Rose Preston Estate. Licensed by Viscopy
- With the artist until her death in 1963.
- My descent to her widower William Preston, until his death in 1967.
- Collection of Mrs. L. Hawkins, Sydney, 1967-1987.
- Gift to the Australian National Gallery, from Mrs. L. Hawkins, Sydney, December 1987.