Dorchester, England 1856
Kallista, Victoria, Australia 1931
- Australia from 1869
- England, Europe 1881- 85, 1903-23
not titled [study of a woman wearing drapery]
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Materials & Technique:
drawings, drawing in black pencil and colour pastels Support: medium-weight cream wove paper; sketchbook perforations lower edge
Manufacturer's Mark: no manufacturer's mark.
Primary Insc: no inscriptions.
Secondary Insc: no inscriptions.
Tertiary Insc: Inscribed verso upper left in blue ink pen, '24'.
Inscribed verso lower right in black pencil, '13 x 9 3/4'.
image 29.4 h x 15.0 w cm sheet 35.1 h x 25.0 w cm
: Purchased 1972 Accession No
: NGA 72.485.2
- With the artist until his death in 1931.
- Collection of R.H. Croll (1869-1947) the author of the 1935 biography of Tom Roberts.
- Unknown collection.
- Purchased by the Australian National Gallery, from Leonard Joel Pty Ltd, Melbourne, November 1972. From the auction 'Australian, New Zealand, English and European Historical and Contemporary Drawings and Paintings', Melbourne: Leonard Joel, 16-17 November 1972, lot no. 354, as 'Female figure'.
- The catalogue noted that 'The following 26 Sketches are from Tom Roberts' Sketch Book, formerly the property of Robert Croll...Many are inscribed by Croll'.