Sunbury, Victoria, Australia 1869
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia 1936
The Gothic Spire in Collins Street. An evening effect.
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Materials & Technique:
prints, ink; paper etching, printed in warm black ink with plate-tone, from one copper plate Support: cream wove Japanese vellum paper
Manufacturer's Mark: no manufacturer's mark
Edition State: published state
Impression: presentation proof
Edition: edition of 50
Primary Insc: signed lower right below plate-mark in black pencil, 'John Shirlow'.
inscribed lower left below plate-mark in black pencil, 'L. Lindsay with regards'.
Secondary Insc: no inscriptions.
Tertiary Insc: no inscriptions.
plate-mark 30.8 h x 14.0 w cm sheet 34.8 h x 18.8 w cm
: Bequest of Alan Queale, 1982. Accession No
: NGA 83.1125 Subject
: Australia, Art style: Painter-etchers 1860s-1938
- Gift to Lionel Lindsay, from the artist.
- Gift from Lionel Lindsay to Alan Queale.
- Collection of Alan Queale, Brisbane.
- Bequeathed to the Australian National Gallery by Alan Queale, Brisbane, 1982.
- Alan Queale Bequest accepted by the Australian National Gallery, 1983.