Houghton-on-the-Hill, Leicester, England
Deddington, Tasmania, Australia
- Australia from 1831
c.1832 - c.1849 Deddington, near Ben Lomond, Van Diemen's Land (Tasmania)
1831 - 1832 Hobart, Van Diemen's Land , Hobart, Van Diemen's Land (Tasmania)
1805 - 1830 London, England, UK
1794 - 1805 Lichfield, Staffordshire, England, UK
not titled [Unresolved sketch].
Collection Title: John Glover, Sketchbook mainly of landscapes and scenes in England and Wales, 1802-c.1808.
Page: Leaf 2 verso.
Materials & Technique:
drawing in black pencil
x 23.2 w
: Purchased 1984
: NGA 84.7.2B
- With the artist until his death in 1849.
- By descent to John Glover junior, the artist?s son.
- Purchased by Dr Henry Hadley of the 99th Regiment, the sketchbook selected on his behalf by James Crear, from John Glover junior, Patterdale, Van Diemen?s Land, 20 July 1850 [receipt and letter pasted onto front endpaper].
- By descent to Emma Hadley [inscription on label on front cover]
- With Thomas Agnew & Sons, Ltd., London, by January 1993.
- Purchased by the Australian National Gallery, from Thomas Agnew & Sons, Ltd., London, February 1984.